THE RAUCH FAMILY:
Grew up big but still small: founded in 1919 in Austria, we are a 4th generation family owned business. Our constant ambition for the highest quality made RAUCH what it is today – a worldwide leading beverage company.
YOUR ROLE IN THE FAMILY:
· Checks conditions and weights of railcars to ensure cleanliness and compliance with loading procedures
· Lowers gauge rods into tanks or read meters, in order to verify contents, temperatures and volumes of liquids
· Monitors product movement to and from storage tanks, coordinating activities with other workers to ensure constant product flow
· Observes position of cars passing loading spouts and swings spouts into the correct positions at appropriate times
· Operates equipment to transfer liquid glucose and powder sugar materials from transportation vehicles
· Records operating data such as products and quantities pumped, gauge reading and operating times, manually or using computers
· Removes and replaces tank car dome caps
· Seals outlet valves on tank cars
· Starts pumps and adjusts valves or cables in order to regulate the flow of products to silos, utilizing knowledge of loading procedures
· Inspects for leaks, damage and defects
· Unloads cars containing liquids by connecting hoses to outlet plugs using pumps to force liquids into storage tanks
· Verifies tank car numbers to ensure car placement accuracy based on written or verbal instructions
· Operates loading and unloading equipment such as railroad tank car unloading equipment
· Performs general warehouse activities, such as opening containers and crates, filling warehouse orders, assisting in taking inventory, and weighing and checking materials
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR TO JOIN OUR FAMILY?
· Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, and quality control
· Knowledge of proper safety functions utilizing safety harnesses
· Ability to use computer
· Understanding of food safety handling guidelines
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
· Works in a manufacturing environment; outdoor work on rail dock
· While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to: talk, hear, reach with hands and arms, grasp, pick, lift, stand, walk, and perform repetitive motions. The employee must frequently lift and /or move 50 pounds.
· This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
· Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices
· Able to lift up to 50 pounds
RAUCH North America, Inc.
10501 North Reems Road | 85355 | Glendale