Supports the Electrical Engineering function by performing tasks and services supporting production goals and objectives.
· 2-3 years related electrical maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
· 2 years’ experience with PLC’s
· Able to read blueprints and schematics is preferred
· Ability to handle sensitive and proprietary information in a confidential manner
· Maintains a safe and secure work environment, including correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating safety meetings, performing safety inspections and investigating accidents, as required
· Supports development, implementation, maintenance and ongoing improvement of the food safety and handling system
· Repairs critical electrical equipment, performs preventive and predictive maintenance, and completes projects such as mechanical and electrical hardware and software upgrades
· Repairs or replaces control devices such as switches, proximity sensors, push buttons, contactors, motor starts, thermocouples, etc. as needed.
· Responsible for making PLC program changes, installations or updates to maintain proper operations.
· Detects, troubleshoots, and repairs malfunctions in all types of equipment including hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical functions.
· Reads electrical drawings for conveyors, machines and building
· Repairs, maintains, and troubleshoots electrical breakdowns associated with high-speed packaging and processing machinery to ensure continuous production operations
· Performs efficient troubleshooting and repair to maximize efficiencies and limit downtime
· Maintains and repairs electrical breakdowns in operation, which includes packaging equipment, motors, conveyors, ovens, VFD’s, PLC’s, wrappers, palletizers, robotics, etc.
· Repairs and replaces defective components in motors, generators, controllers, switchboards, conductors, switches and varied electrical fixtures
· Installs, maintains and repairs electrical, electromechanical and electronic parts of machinery and equipment
· Performs defensive repair and preservation of electronic and electrical systems, equipment and devices
· Tests solid-state circuitry to determine defective components along with defective parts replacement
· Effectively responds to directions during emergencies by understanding emergency procedures, equipment and systems as necessary; Implements contingency plan to the level required
· Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and waste
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
· This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
· Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices
· Frequent walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, crouching, standing and sitting with repetitive hand and finger movements; pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying heavy objects (50 – 70 pounds)
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
RAUCH North America, Inc.
10501 North Reems Road | 85355 | Glendale
T +1 623 473 4362